Happy 5th Anniversary to the Nintendo Switch! There has been a lot of chatter going around on if the Switch is the best Nintendo console of all time, and certainly the numbers show that it’s the best selling but we debated it anyway in one of our daily Boss Rush Banter pieces.
Starting the week off, we got a surprise demo of Kirby and the Forgotten Land, not only was the demo being dropped a surprise, but the demo itself being so much fun was a surprise for me as well! I’ve become more and more interested in this new Kirby game with every trailer that’s been shown, and now I’m all in after the demo!
Along with the demo, we had some heavy rumors floating around. Starting with a new Fire Emblem game. This would be no surprise considering the recent success of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and the upcoming Fire Emblem: Three Hopes game releasing. Known leaker Emily Rodgers stated that a new Fire Emblem installment could release as early as October. I really hope this is true! But, there’s more than just that, we had to go with yet another Switch Pro rumor, didn’t we? This time in the form of a NVIDIA leak. Data miner @NWPlayer123 on Twitter sent out a series of Tweets showing references towards graphics api. Now, we’ve seen piles of Switch Pro rumors over the years, but I may buy this one instead of sell. NVIDIA dropped a bombshell of a leak in 2021 and those leaks continue to become real day after day.
That’s a wrap for news and rumors, now let’s take a look at the upcoming games this week:
Tuesday, March 8
- The Wild Case – 2D point-and-click adventure set in a remote village deep in the forest. (Digital $9.99, on sale for $8.49)
Wednesday, March 9
- Will You Snail? – Puzzle platformer where there’s an AI squid that tries to predict your moves and stop you from advancing. (Digital $14.99)
Thursday, March 10
- Ancient Islands – Tower defense game. (Digital $12.49)
- Ashwalkers – Survival Strategy adventure where you make decisions based on your relationships with your travelers. Has 34 endings! (Digital $19.99)
- Aztech Forgotten Gods – (Editors Choice) Take control of your protagonist Achtili and battle colossal Gods in this ambitious Indie action adventure game. (Digital $29.99)
- Chocobo GP – (Editors Choice) Final Fantasy meets Mario Kart where you take control of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and race through familiar settings. (Digital $49.99, or Chocobo GP Lite for free)
- Grand Mountain Adventure – Free roaming ski game where you can explore 6 surrounding resorts with up to 4 players. (Digital $34.99, physical $34.99)
- Move or Die: Unleashed – Fast paced party game with 20 second rounds (Digital $14.99)
- Pocket Slimes – Puzzler where you optimize routes for better score. (Digital $9.99)
- Potato Flowers in Full Bloom – (Editor’s choice – demo available) Explore a labyrinth in this Indie turn-based game. (Digital $17.99)
- Republique: Anniversary Edition – Experience a thrilling narrative stealth adventure game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age. Amazing voice actors such as Rena Strober (Fire Emblem), Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect), David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid), and Dwight Schultz (Marvel’s Spider-Man) all appear in this game. (Digital $14.99)
- The Last Cube – 3D puzzler where exploration is rewarded. (Digital $19.99)
- Time Loader – Travel back to the wonderful 90’s in this physics based puzzler platformer and prevent a tragic accident. ($14.99)
- Young Souls – Beat em up starring orphans Jenn and Tristan who search for the scientist that raised them. (Digital $24.99)
Friday, March 11
- Hotel Transylvania: Scary-Tale Adventures – Take control of Drac and Mavis and play through unique worlds with their own spooky spin, including Little Red Riding Hood, The Emperor’s New Clothes and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves in this 3D action platformer. (Digital $39.99)
- Syndrome – First person action survival game. (Digital $24.99)
- The Cruel King and the Great Hero – Charming hand drawn turn based adventure where your protagonist strives to become a hero with the help from the mighty dragon protector. (Digital $29.99 – physical only available on PlayStation $59.99 storybook edition)
- Two Hundred Ways – Sequel to Brain Teaser with 200 new puzzles (Digital $11.99)
Thanks for reading this weeks version of “What’s New, Nintendo?” we hope to see you back next week! Until then, join us in the comments section or on our Discord using the QR code below!
Boss Rush Network is an affiliate of Amazon
Follow us on Social Media:
Listen to Nintendo Pow Block Podcast – Wednesdays at 7AM ET
If you want to hear more about Nintendo, new games, indies, news, and snacks, check out Nintendo Pow Block Live on Twitch every Monday night at 8:30PM Eastern / 5:30PM Pacific or on Podcast Services and YouTube Wednesday mornings at 7AM. Thanks for Listening!