Annapurna Interactive held its second annual showcase on Thursday, July 28th, 2022. Approximately 25 minutes in length, the stream celebrated indie developers they partnered with, provided updates to existing games, and announced new titles. If you missed it, below is a bite-sized recap.
New Game Announcements
There were several game reveals, including Bounty Star: The Morose Tale of Graveyard Clem. This title involves a post-apocalypse, mech-filled world where you play as a rough, tough ex-soldier named Clem. This game will release sometime in 2023 on Xbox, PlayStation, and Steam.
Flock was also announced–a multiplayer game where you soar with your friends through a peaceful and colorful environment. No specific release date was provided, but it will launch on Xbox, Steam, and PlayStation.
Annapurna also teased a future game by the makers of Katamari Damacy. We know little about it, and details are sure to follow in the future.
Annapurna is also launching a PlayStation cult classic on Steam–Hohokum. The premise is simple–navigate several colorful worlds as this snake-like kite, and it’s available on PC now!
Finally, we see a heart-pounding first person survival horror game in The Lost Wild. This game reveal shows the player lost in the jungle filled with dinosaurs. Need that Jurassic Park fix? Look no further than The Lost Wild–available to wishlist on Steam.
- Thirsty Suitors: Developers discuss more details surrounding their action/adventure RPG. This unique and colorful game puts you in the shoes of a protagonist who returns home after a serious heart break. You face off against previous ex-partners, explore their inner worlds, skate, and cook with relatives. The game walks you through the character’s challenges of working things out with exes and cultural differences within family. It is coming soon to Xbox, PC, PlayStation, and the Nintendo Switch. The PC demo is now available.
- Hindsight: This pensive game about past memories will launch August 4th on the Nintendo Switch and PC.
- Outer Wilds: We are still waiting for this title to make its appearance on the Nintendo Switch (release date still TBD), but the Echoes of the Eye DLC will be coming to Xbox and PlayStation on September 15th with native 60 FPS support. Current Xbox One and PS4 owners will be able to upgrade for free.
- What Remains of Edith Finch: This classic is now natively for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S with 4K and 60 FPS support. Current Xbox One and PS4 owners can upgrade for free.
- Solar Ash: This title will drop on Steam on December 6th and added to Xbox Game Pass this winter.
- Maquette: This game arrives on Xbox and Switch this winter.
- The Pathless: This game arrives on Xbox and Switch this winter as well.
Images courtesy of Annapurna Interactive
- Cardboard Computer: This indie dev team of three is known for Kentucky Route Zero. They discuss how they came to be and their ambitions during their next project–one that will contain more lively animation. We wish you the best of luck and can’t wait to see it!
- Yarn Owl: One of the founders of Yarn Owl was heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. They are in process of creating their first game! Good luck!
- Third Shift: This studio is based in Germany and currently working Forever Ago, a single player road trip adventure game.
- Dream Feel: The makers of If Found are working on their next game.
Please share your thoughts with us on our Boss Rush Facebook Group or our Boss Rush Discord.
The Boss Rush Podcast – Fridays at 7AM ET
The Boss Rush Podcast is the flagship podcast of Boss Rush Media and The Boss Rush Network. Each week, Corey, LeRon, Stephanie, Edward, and their friends from around the internet come together to talk their week in games, entertainment, and more while also bringing topics for conversation, answer listener and community questions, and cover major news and events happening in the video game industry. Watch The Boss Rush Podcast live on Wednesday Nights on Twitch at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT or on Friday mornings at 7AM ET on YouTube and podcast services everywhere. Thanks for listening! You can also get this episode one week early on Patreon.
Anchor | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google | Twitch | Overcast | Pocket Casts
Follow The Boss Rush Podcast on Social Media:
Twitter | Discord | Instagram | Twitch | YouTube | Facebook Group | Facebook
Source: Annapurna Interactive
Featured Image: Annapurna Interactive
One thought on “2nd Annual Annapurna Interactive Showcase Recap”