Video games are released regularly–ensuring a non-stop supply of fun for gamers of all kinds. After a relatively slow 2020, this year has seen some incredible releases, with November looking to be another hot month. Here are some examples of the hype we are seeing for November releases:
- 11/5/2021: Call of Duty: Vanguard (PC, Xbox, PlayStation)
- 11/9/2021: Forza Horizon 5 (PC, Xbox Game Pass)
- 11/11/2021: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy (PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch)
- 11/12/2021: Shin Megami Tensei V (Nintendo Switch)
- 11/16/2021: Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (PC, Xbox, PlayStation)
- 11/19/2021: Battlefield 2042
- 11/19/2021: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (Nintendo Switch)
- 11/23/2021: Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (PC/Mac, PlayStation)
In addition to this, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Empires (PC), and Mario Party Superstars are being released in the final days of October. All of them deserve their level of excitement and have their own fanbase; however, which one will survive beyond its 15 minutes of fame?
I feel what makes a video game a success not only includes number of units sold, but also how long it can stay relevant. Some games trend on Twitter up until release day, but then–almost radio silence afterward. A true home run title would be talked about on podcasts and written/reviewed on websites constantly. Their legacy would be durable. The November 2021 release calendar looks promising, although my money would be on Forza Horizon 5 and perhaps the Grand Theft Auto trilogy simply because it is also releasing on the Nintendo Switch.
Which games are you looking forward to this November, and which one do you think will outshine the others? Share your thoughts on our Boss Rush Discord channel.