Publisher Nippon Ichi Software revealed in this week’s issue of Famitsu that developer Vanillaware is remastering the 2007 PS2 real-time strategy game GrimGrimoire for the Nintendo Switch and PS4.
Titled GrimGrimoire OnceMore, the game is described as an enhanced remaster of the 15 year-old title that will include a host of new additions and tweaks. A full list of what was reported is posted below:
- New System: “Great Magic” – Four types of “Great Magic” that can be used during battle have been implemented. Activated with newly illustrated cut-ins.
- High-resolution graphics and widescreen aspect ratio.
- “Fast-Forward” function for battle and story parts.
- “Mid-Battle Save” function for battle parts.
- The difficulty level of “Hard” mode has been adjusted to be more challenging than the original version.
- New System: Skill Tree – Earn coins by completing tasks set for each stage. Coins can be used to strengthen familars. Coins can also be refunded.
- Gallery Mode – Enjoy various illustrations.
- New voice cast: Lillet Blan (voiced by Iori Saeki), Margarita Surprise (voiced by Miharu Hanai), Gammel Dore (voiced by Miharu Hanai), and Advocat (voiced by Hiromichi Tezuka)
Famitsu states that the game will launch on July 28th in Japan for 5,478 yen, or roughly $44 USD.
There is no mention of a Western release at this time.
Did you play the original PS2 release of GrimGrimoire? Will you be picking this one up, either as an import or if it does get an international release? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below, and join our official Discord server!