Coming off a Direct week, Nintendo usually slows down their news cycle bit, but not this time. Over the course of the last week we saw stories about the Wii U shop and 3DS shop getting shut down, Majora’s Mask coming to Switch on February 25, and of course, the play test for Nintendo Switch Sports went live last weekend as well.
In the wake of the Wii U and 3DS shops getting shut down, Nintendo offered a way to share your stats from each console, which you can find at the My Wii U and 3DS Memories website.
Additionally, the Switch released a handful of indie titles last week, including the 2-D Zelda-like Ocean’s Heart, but the big release was the cloud versions of Kingdom Hearts. The reception on these games did not go well. According to most, the packages are unreasonably priced and barely functional. This poses the question, Is cloud gaming good for Switch?
Now take a look at the games that are releasing this week:
New Games Coming to Switch This Week:
Tuesday, February 22
- Sol Cresta – Neo-Classic shooting strikes back with classic gaming using modern technology! $39.99 (USD) digital, $49.99 Dramatic Edition Digital
Wednesday, February 23
- An American Werewolf in L.A. – This 2-D beat em up stars a young surfer who tries to run away to chase his dream and gets stopped by the sheriff. $4.99 digital
- An NPC’s Odyssey – 2-D JRPG where you’re an NPC that goes on an adventure to save the world. $4.99 digital.
- Edge Of Eternity – 3-D turn based JRPG set in a fantasy world. $29.99 digital (Demo Available)
- Explosive Candy World – Physics based puzzle game. $4.99 digital.
Thursday, February 24
- 15in1 Solitaire – Freecell, Klondike, Spider Solitaire and 12 other card games. $2.99 digital.
- Aeternum Quest – Turn based JRPG with the look of an N64 game. $9.99 digital.
- Amazing Machines – Build machines to help you navigate through puzzles. $19.99 digital.
- Antarctica 88 – Survivor Thriller set in Antarctica. $5.99 digital.
- Autobahn Police Simulator 2 – Start your law enforcement career here with this law enforcement simulator. $39.99 digital.
- Never Alone: Arctic Collection – Atmospheric puzzle platformer developed in collaboration with the Iñupiat Alaskan native people. Originally released multi platform in 2015, and has won multiple awards. $14.99 Digital.
- To the Top, Mammoth! – Compete against others in this tower climbing challenge. $10.00 digital.
- Variable Barricade – Visual novel. $49.99 digital and physical.
Friday, February 25
- #1 Anagrams Sudokus Bundle – Bundle game of Sudoku and anagrams. $5.99 digital.
- Ammo Pigs: Cocked and Loaded – Action packed run n gun game with cartoon style of the 80’s/90’s. $4.99 digital.
- Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream – Popular Atelier series is back with a new turn based JRPG. $59.99 digital, $59.99 physical, Digital Deluxe edition $69.99, and Ultimate Edition $114.99.
- Flip the Buddy – Handheld only platformer when you can only jump. $2.99 digital.
- Monark – Strategy RPG where you develop your ego to break the pacts set by the Pactbearers and dispel the corrupt Mist. $59.99 digital, $59.99 physical, $69.99 Digital Deluxe Edition (Demo available)
- One Gun Guy – 2-D action platformer set in “one giant level” that has checkpoints, power ups, and hidden areas. $4.99
- Plunderer’s Adventures – Pixel art tower defense action game. $4.99 digital.
Thanks for reading this weeks version of What’s New, Nintendo? Hope to see you next week! Check us out on Discord using the QR code below.