In this episode, Edward and Corey are back to talk about Corey’s vacation and all of the food he ate as well as discuss the Splatoon 3 Nintendo Direct, Hogwarts Legacy, Midnight Suns, Tactics Ogre, and more.
0:00 | Welcome to Nintendo Pow Block | Updates and Housekeeping
10:43 | Giveaway: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection
- We are giving away 2 copies of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection! The rules are simple: Leave us a 5 star rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, screenshot it, and email it to email@example.com or DM @powblockpodcast on Twitter. A great review on Apple Podcasts will grant you a second entry.
29:28 | Support The Boss Rush Network on Patreon!
- $1 Tier: One Week Early Access to The Boss Rush Podcast and Nintendo Pow Block Expansion Pass, Two Week Early Access to Standard Definition: The Retro and Nostalgia Podcast and Boss Rush After Dark: The Alternative Supplement to The Boss Rush Podcast.
- $5 Tier: Become a Patreon Producer! Patreon Producers get their name shouted out on every episode recorded during the month they subscribe. They also gain all $1 Tier perks for the month they subscribe.
33:05 | Snacktendo
55:42 | Playing With Power!
- Death’s Door
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 1 & 2
- Tetris Effect
- NBA 2K22
- MLB The Show 22
1:26:45 | Show and Tell
- Darksiders III
- Metroid Dread
- Smash Pad Adapter
1:30:11 | Splatoon 3 Details
Last week, Nintendo gave us a deep dive into Splatoon 3 in its own game specific Nintendo Direct. The Direct showed off returning modes and levels as well as new features like three-team Turf Wars, cool new weapons and abilities, special weapons like the Reefslider, and a photo mode. New amiibo were also shown off, including a yellow inkling, a purple octoling, and a smallfry riding the wave. There also seems to be some sort of experience system that goes beyond a player level allowing for more customization for players. Splatoon 3 swims onto Nintendo Switch September 9, 2022.
1:34:39 | Hogwarts Legacy Delayed with No New Release Date on Switch
This past week, Avalanche and WB Games announced on Twitter that their highly anticipated game set in the Wizarding World, Hogwarts Legacy, has been delayed. While the Xbox and PlayStation version received a new release date of February 10, 2023, the Switch version is not coming on the same day, as the studio simply stated that “The Nintendo Switch launch date will be revealed soon.” This isn’t the first time a third party game has had a separate release date from its counterparts, though this was one many were looking to to rid the stigma. Hogwarts Legacy was announced in September 2020 and was originally due out in 2021 before being delayed to Q4 2022 and now Q1 of 2023 along with many other games.
1:43:10 | Marvel’s Midnight Suns delayed with No New Release Date
Speaking of games that have been delayed, Firaxis announced that it’s Marvel card-based strategy game Midnight Suns will not be hitting its targeted release date. In a tweet on August 8, the team announced that there will now be a staggered release date sometime next year with a focus on Xbox Series and PlayStation 5 first and the previous generations/Switch versions to follow. Many have speculated that Firaxis is listening to fans less than enthusiastic response to the card system and may be reworking the combat in some way. Firaxis is most notably known for its XCOM revival and the Civilization franchise, both of which are available on Switch in some capacity.
1:56:27 | Tactics Ogre Reborn has officially been revealed for Switch, coming this year
One third party game that is coming out this year is the highly anticipated revival of the classic strategy RPG Tactics Ogre, simply titled Tactics Ogre Reborn. The game is set to release on November 11 and is an updated port of the PSP version Let Us Cling Together. This is the third strategy RPG set to release from Square Enix this year, starting with Triangle Strategy earlier this year and DioField Chronicles set for September. The original game released on Super Nintendo in 1995.
1:59:21 | Kirby’s Dream Buffet has a release date
A second Kirby game is coming to Switch in 2022? You heard correctly, Kirby’s Dream Buffet is set to get a digital release on August 17 for $14.99. You and three friends can “roll, eat, and Puyo to become the fattest, happiest Kirby on the Block.” There are three mini games set for the game, including a race mode where you dodge obstacles and eat food to make your Kirby bigger, a mini-game mode where you compete by eating as many strawberries as possible, and a battle royale mode where you need to knock other players off the board and steal their strawberries. There’s not much else but could be a fun time waster.
2:00:52 | Wave Race 64 is coming to Nintendo Switch Online. Check out the trailer.
- 2:03:13 | Celeste Roberts via Discord: Favorite cute games on Switch?
- 2:08:42 | David Wayne Nystrom via Discord: If you could trade one first party Nintendo IP for another publisher/developer franchise, what would it be?
- 2:12:29 | Dan via Discord: What’s the worst Nintendo controller?
- 2:18:29 | LateToGaming via Twitter: Will we ever have another completely separate, standalone, handheld console from Nintendo?
- 2:25:59 | Josh Martinez via Twitter: What if question. Let’s say Mario and Zelda games no longer exist. Sad, I know. Who becomes the face of Nintendo? Which two series rise to the top as Nintendo’s power hitters or have the most potential to become such?
Nintendo Pow Block Hosts:
Contact the Show:
Find Us on Social Media:
Thank you for listening and/or watching Nintendo Pow Block. You can find the show live every Monday night at 8:30PM ET/5:30PM PT or on YouTube and your podcast service of choice every Wednesday morning. Remember if you’re watching on YouTube to subscribe the channel. If you’re listening on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, leave us a review and five star rating. Remember to also check out Expansion Pass and The Direct Recap Show. See you next week on Nintendo Pow Block!
Be You. Be More. Play Games. Be Better. Nintendo Pow Block Podcast.