Hello again, and welcome to another week of what happened in the world of Nintendo last week, and what’s coming to Switch this next week!
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first. An unnamed worker is alleging that Nintendo, and a firm it uses for hiring contractors, violated their legally protected right to unionize, according to a new filing with the National Labor Relations Board. Nintendo has been pretty straightforward about being anti-union, but they may have taken it a little too far this time. We’ll keep our eyes out on this one.
Great news for Xenoblade fans all over! Not only did we see a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but this release date is two whole months sooner than when it was originally announced to land in September! I’m one of the biggest Xenoblade fans around, so naturally I’ve been over analyzing the new trailer since it hit Twitter last week.
Even more exciting news, is that Splatoon 3 received a release date in September. It seems like the two games have swapped release dates, not sure why, but fans all over are happy to see both games coming so close to our Nintendo Switch consoles very soon.
And lastly in the rumor mill, data miners suspect that GameBoy Advance will be coming to Nintendo Switch Online soon!
That’s a wrap for news and rumors, now let’s take a look at the upcoming games this week! Oh, and don’t forget to check out our review of Astrodogs!
Tuesday, April 26
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War – Save the world from Hitler’s undead Armageddon in this shooter set in 1940’s Europe. Digital $49.99. Physical $49.99.
- The Serpent Rogue – Craft, brew, boil & concoct potions all in your stead to protect the realm from the dreadful Serpent Rogue in this roguelite game! Digital $19.99.
- Pure Crosswords – Enjoy 2,250 puzzles across 3 difficulty levels, and written in classic British English. Digital $14.99
Wednesday, April 27
- Abyss Memory Fallen Angel and the Path of Magic – (Demo available) Draw paths with your Joy-Con and aid Mariel on her adventure through the Abyss. Digital $19.99.
- The Sorrowvirus – A Faceless Short Story — First-person adventure to be played in one sitting. M for mature.
- Tasomachi: Behind the Twilight – Indie adventure game that lets you freely explore the beautiful world by airship. Digital $19.99.
- The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe – (Editor’s choice) You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will make a choice, and you will have your choices taken from you. The game will end, the game will never end. Contradiction follows contradiction, the rules of how games should work are broken, then broken again. You are not here to win. The Stanley Parable is a game that plays you. Digital $24.99.
Thursday, April 28
- Marble Maid – Super Monkey Ball, but instead starring an anime maid. Digital – $9.99.
- OshiRabu: Waifus Over Husbandos + Love･or･die – Two visual novels bundled into one game. Digital $39.99.
Friday, April 29
- Nintendo Switch Sports – (Editor’s Choice) Yes, I’m still going to call it Wii Bowling for the rest of my life. This time around we have the following sports to play: Soccer, Volleyball, Bowling, Tennis, Badminton, and Chambara (Swordplay) using Joy-Con™ controllers! Digital $39.99. Physical $49.99.
- Nonogram Minimal – Picross for beginners. Digital – $6.99, launch sale $2.49.
Thanks for reading this weeks version of “What’s New, Nintendo?” we hope to see you back next week! Until then, join us in the comments section or on our Discord using the QR code below!
Boss Rush Network is an affiliate of Amazon
Listen to Nintendo Pow Block Podcast – Wednesdays at 7AM ET
If you want to hear more about Nintendo, new games, indies, news, and snacks, check out Nintendo Pow Block Live on Twitch every Monday night at 8:30PM Eastern / 5:30PM Pacific or on Podcast Services and YouTube Wednesday mornings at 7AM. Thanks for Listening!