V Rising developer Stunlock Studios announced on their official blog on Wednesday that the first of three major content updates will be coming to players this May.
Titled the Secrets of Gloomrot, the expansion promises to provide a new region to conduct their nightly activities, along with new weapons and skills, an increase in enemy variety, and other small but impactful changes to the overall game.
Further details coming straight from the blog:
Enter Gloomrot, a land of equal parts filth, ambition, brilliance, and madness! Navigate polluted valleys and lightning-scorched highlands to face the uncontrollable horrors of the Trancendum’s mutated experiments alongside the mechanical wonders born of their twisted imaginations. Suck the blood of the brilliantly insane to gain their knowledge and enter a new age of technology.
This new biome will be almost the same size as Dunley Farmlands and is divided into two unique sections, Gloomrot South and Gloomrot North. Each area will bring a new wave of challenges, technologies, and enemies, both great and small, with plenty of space to stretch out and settle your multi-floor strongholds.
More on Gloomrot as it comes. It is, after all, The “Secrets” of Gloomrot.Stunlock Studios
Furthermore, the developer has teased two more expansions, which will introduce multiple castle floors, new spells, trading posts, legendary weapons, and more to the MMO vampire sim.
- New weapons and weapon skills, such as the much-requested Greatsword.
- Changes to the current map to make it more visually attractive.
- New areas and points of interest.
- New enemy varieties in the current biomes.
- Changes to progression to make the whole journey smoother.
- A brand new biome with new enemies, factions, and V Bloods.
- Multiple castle floors.
- Expansion of Dunley Farmlands, such as the Quartz Mine and Glass Factory.
- A new spell school.
- Quality of life improvements.
- Trading Posts to buy valuable goods with your silver coins.
- The Jewel system, which will allow you to customize your spells.
- Large overhaul to the entire spell system and spell schools to improve combat.
- Legendary weapons.
- Territories, a revamp on the land claiming system.
V Rising first became available via Steam’s Early Access program in May 2022, and quickly became a runaway indie success. To date, the game has sold more than 3 million copies. If you’re interested in learning more on the vampire survival game, check out review HERE. Note that the review is based off the 0.5.42591 build of the game, and because it is in Early Access and frequently changing, some details may have changed.
Have you played V Rising? What are your thoughts? Will you be exploring the dreaded land of Gloomrot come May? Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below, as well as on our social media pages!
Follow us on Social Media:
The Boss Rush Podcast – Fridays at 7AM ET
The Boss Rush Podcast is the flagship podcast of Boss Rush Media and The Boss Rush Network. Each week, Corey, LeRon, Stephanie, Edward, and their friends from around the internet come together to talk their week in games, entertainment, and more while also bringing topics for conversation, answer listener and community questions, and cover major news and events happening in the video game industry. Watch The Boss Rush Podcast live on Wednesday Nights on Twitch at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT or on Friday mornings at 7AM ET on YouTube and podcast services everywhere. Thanks for listening! You can also get this episode one week early on Patreon.
Shows also available on The Boss Rush Podcast feeds:
- One V One: The Creator Interview Series (Also available on its own feed)
- Talk The Walk: The Walking Simulator and Cozy Game Conversation Show
- Boss Rush Podcast Extra
- Boss Rush Panels
Source: Stunlock Studios