Microsoft gives you the options to change the look, style and color of your home screen and themes on your Xbox One and Series X/S.
One of the best features is to change the background images, colors, and more! In this article, we’ll show you how!
To change the color scheme of your tiles and accents of your dashboard:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then scroll right to Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization > My color & theme > My color.
- Select a color, then select OK.
- If you want to change the theme, select System Theme, then you can change it to either Light, Dark, or Scheduled.
If you want to change the background, you can change it to a solid color, game art, achievement art, or a custom image you can upload from a USB drive.
- To choose your background, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, then scroll to the right and select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization > My background.
- To select a solid color, choose a color from the color palate, and select OK.
- To add game art, choose the game most recently played (if it shows up) and the game art will appear as the background.
Every achievement you receive is tagged with a game image, and you can use it as a background. In the My background setting:
- Select Achievement art > Gaming.
- Select a game from your list of games with achievements.
- Select the achievement with the background art you want.
- Select Set as background.
If you want to change it to a custom image, you’ll need a USB storage device, like a jump drive or an external hard drive.
- Copy a JPG or PNG file that you want to use to a USB device from any computer, and then plug it into your Xbox. The best size image to use is 1920×1080. You can access free, high quality Xbox-themed wallpapers here if you need ideas!
- On your console, select Custom image. A dialog box appears that shows the contents of your Xbox console and attached USB device.
- Select the USB device, and then choose your image.
Did you take a sick screenshot from a game recently? You can use that as a background as well!
- Select Screenshot, then choose the one you want.
- Select More actions > Set as background.
If you’re a Series X/S owner, you have the option to enable dynamic backgrounds! There’s even a dynamic background that brings you back to the original Xbox system theme.
- Select Dynamic background.
- Select the background art you want.
- Select Apply.
If you feel the need to remove any of the custom backgrounds you’ve made, there is the option to Remove custom background in the My background menu screen.
Microsoft is bringing a lot of customization options to make your Xbox your very own. Do you use any custom backgrounds on your Xbox? Let us know in the comments, or join us on Discord and share your screen shots!
Img source: Pureinfotech