Hello again, and welcome to another week of what happened in the world of Nintendo last week, and what’s coming to Switch this next week!
Kicking off the week, Nintendo announced via Twitter that they’ll be delaying the Mario movie to April of 2023. Given that we had no previous release date there was no disappointment from me. I’m looking forward to this movie and how the voice actors are going to mesh with the characters. Good thing we have so many great games to play until then!
Next up is Nintendo’s big release of April — Nintendo Switch sports. Long time fans of the original Wii Sports will be happy to see that bowling is back, but Patrick Knisley asks “Can Switch Sports Duplicate the Success of Wii Sports?” As much as I love Switch Sports and bowling with my friends and family, I don’t see it as something that’s new and exciting. However, with the way Switch consoles have been selling, it might be a good way to bring in even more casual gamers. Only time will tell!
In the rumor mill this week, the official social media accounts for Sid Meier’s Civilization changed their profile pictures and headers on Wednesday which leads players to believe that Civilization 7 may be announced shortly.
That’s a wrap for news and rumors, now let’s take a look at the upcoming games this week! Oh, and don’t forget to check out our review of Dungeons of Dreadrock!
Wednesday, May 4
- Wildcat Gun Machine – Dungeon crawler with 40 types of weapons to choose from. Digital – $14.99 (Launch sale $11.99)
- Slap the Rocks – Pixel rock sliding puzzle game. Digital – $4.99.
Thursday, May 5
- Citizen Sleeper – Live the life of an escaped worker, washed-up on a lawless station at the edge of an interstellar society in this game inspired by tabletop games. Digital $19.99 (Launch sale $17.99)
- Wingspan – Card game where you star as a bird that searches for food and friends. Digital – $9.99. (Launch sale $7.99) Expansion bundle $26.99 (Launch sale $18.89)
- Best Month Ever – Take part in a roller coaster of emotions with single mom Louise embarking on a road trip of a lifetime through the late 1960s USA, trying to show her son Mitch how to navigate the often cruel modern world. Digital $19.99.
- Super Mike: Classic Adventure Game – 2D Platformer similar to Mario games with cartoonish graphics. Digital $9.99.
- Trash Sailors – The world was flooded by a giant Trash Tsunami! Luckily for you, a lot of trash is floating around. Trash is your main resource and the most valuable thing in this world. You can recycle it into fuel, raft spare parts, and even weapons. (No price currently listed)
Saturday, May 7
- Bundle Cats + Dog – Bundle of 3 platforming games where your protagonists are a cat or a dog. Digital $19.99.
Thanks for reading this weeks version of “What’s New, Nintendo?” we hope to see you back next week! Until then, join us in the comments section or on our Discord using the QR code below!
Boss Rush Network is an affiliate of Amazon
One thought on “What’s New, Nintendo? (Week of 5-2)”
Reblogged this on DDOCentral.