Marvel Studios had a big day at the annual D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, revealing many details and trailers for upcoming projects in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The D23 Expo provides an opportunity to bring fans together in Anaheim near Disneyland and celebrate the various entities of Disney through presentations, concerts, experiences, and many other attractions aimed at fans.
Marvel Studios showcased its fair share of trailers and announcements during the expo, providing fans a clearer picture of the upcoming phases of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Some trailers were exclusive to fans at the expo while others were released to the pubic. Here’s what was announced:
- Fans got a sneak peak of Daredevil’s (Charlie Cox) appearance in an upcoming episode of She-Hulk: Attorney at Law. Cox is set to star in his own 18-episode series on Disney Plus called Daredevil: Born Again, which is slated to begin filming next year.
- The MCU will air a Halloween special called Werewolf By Night on Disney Plus on Oct. 7. Marvel also provided a trailer during the presentation.
- Ryan Coogler, director of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, shared a scene that showed how the world leaders are eyeing Wakanda’s vibranium supply. The country’s all-female unit, the Dora Milaje, seek to protect the supply. Fans can expect this movie on Nov. 11.
- Fans also got a first look at Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, which is set to kick-off Phase 5 on Feb. 17, 2023. The preview showcased Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) working alongside Lang’s daughter Cassie (Kathryn Newton), as well as Van Dyne’s parents to better understand the Quantum Realm. The preview also provided a look at Kang (Jonathan Majors) as well as Bill Murray’s character.
- Nia DaCosta, director of The Marvels, showcased a trailer that featured the dynamic between Kamala Khan (Iman Vellani), Monica Rambeau (Teyonah Parris), and Carol Danvers (Brie Larson). The film is set for July 28, 2023.
- Loki season two is set for the summer of 2023. A trailer alluded to the characters visiting a host of different time periods. Ke Huy Quan has joined the cast as well.
- Ironheart will feature Anthony Ramos as Parker Robbins/The Hood. The series is set to debut on Disney Plus sometime in 2023.
- Marvel debuted its first trailer for the Disney Plus series Secret Invasion. The trailer highlighted a group of Skrulls that had been secretly infiltrating Earth for a long time. The trailer showed Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and Jim Rhodes (Don Cheadle) crafting a plan. The series is slated for sometime in 2023.
- Tim Blake Nelson will return to the MCU after 16 years away to reprise his role of the Leader from Incredible Hulk. Nelson will return in Captain America: New World Order, which is set to premiere on May 3, 2024.
- Fans also got a look at the Thunderbolts’ lineup, which will include Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh), Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan), Ghost (Hannah John-Kamen), Taskmaster (Olga Kurylenko), U.S. Agent (Wyatt Russell), and Red Guardian (David Harbour). Jake Schreier is directing the movie that will premiere on July 26, 2024.
- The upcoming Fantastic Four movie got a release date and director. Matt Shakman, director of WandaVision, will direct the film, which is set to premiere on Nov. 8, 2024.
- Echo is another series slated for Disney Plus, but it doesn’t have a release date. A trailer showcased Native American imagery as well as the return of Wilson Fisk (Vincent D’Onofrio) in an eye patch.
- Armor Wars, a six-part Disney Plus series, will continue where Secret Invasion leaves off. Marvel plans to begin shooting sometime next year.
Be sure to check out further coverage of the D23 Expo from the Boss Rush Network. Also check out our recap of the Disney and Marvel Games Showcase as well as roundups of the announcements from Star Wars, Disney animation and Pixar, and Disney live action and 20th Century Studios.
Standard Definition: The Retro and Nostalgia Podcast – Mondays at 7AM ET
Standard Definition is The Retro and Nostalgia Podcast here on The Boss Rush Network. Each week, a set of Boss Rush hosts will take you down memory lane with series like Indiana Jones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, classic video games, Marvel movies, and much more. If you enjoy the feeling of nostalgia then check out Standard Definition: The Retro and Nostalgia Podcast here on The Boss Rush Network. You can also suggest topics for episodes and series by heading to our Discord or Patreon page. You can listen to or watch the show every Sunday morning at 7AM ET on YouTube and podcast services everywhere. Thanks for watching! You can get each episode of this show two weeks early on Patreon!
Featured Image: Marvel