Fans have a lot to look forward to from both Disney Animation and Pixar studios after both revealed a bevy of new information and trailers regarding upcoming projects at the D23 Expo.
The D23 Expo was at the Anaheim Convention Center near Disneyland in Southern California. The event is a fan experience where Disney and its subsidiaries provide information and trailers via presentations.
The presentations offer fans insight on what the future holds for their favorite franchises. Many of the trailers are exclusive to the event, but Disney does release some to the public.
Both Pixar and Disney Animation revealed further information, as well as made new announcements, during their respective presentations. Here’s what was announced:
- Fans learned a bit more about Zootopia+, specifically learning there will be six episodes in this anthology series. The episodes will take place in the world established in Zootopia. These will drop on Disney Plus on Nov. 9.
- Mickey: The Story of a Mouse is not an animated movie but rather a documentary about Mickey Mouse. Fans at the expo saw a trailer for the film, which will drop on Disney Plus on Nov. 18. This date is the 94th anniversary of Steamboat Willie.
- Strange World was also on display as Disney provided another look at the animated movie that features Jake Gyllenhaal. This movie is about a well-known family of explorers with differences that threaten their mission. Fans can expect this to hit theaters on Nov. 23.
- Pixar provided an early look at Elemental, which is slated for the summer of 2023. The film centers on Ember, a fire character, and Wake, a water character, as they make their way in a society that cares strongly about elemental makeup.
- Disney showcased a first look at the upcoming animated series Iwájú, which is set in a futuristic Lago, Nigeria. The series is set to hit Disney Plus in 2023.
- Disney Plus will get a Pixar animated series called Win or Lose in the fall of 2023. The series centers on a co-ed middle school softball team preparing for a championship game. All episodes take place during the week leading up to the game and will jump to the perspective of the main character.
- The studio announced a new movie called Wish, which dives into the concept of wishing on a star. The movie is set for Nov. 23, 2023 and will feature Ariana DeBose and Alan Tudyk.
- A first look at a new movie called Elio made an appearance during Pixar’s presentation. The film is slated for a March 1, 2024 release date. It centers on a bookish kid that makes first contact with aliens, becoming Earth’s ambassador on their homeworld.
- Inside Out is getting a sequel. Amy Poehler made the announcement about the follow-up to the 2015 Pixar film, which is set for June 14, 2024. The film will still follow Riley while introducing new emotion characters.
Be sure to check out further coverage of the D23 Expo from the Boss Rush Network. Also check out our recap of the Disney and Marvel Games Showcase as well as roundups of the announcements from Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney live action and 20th Century Studios.
Featured Image: MouseInfo