Netflix has revealed the release date and voice cast for their animated TV show Dragon Age: Absolution, along with a new trailer and poster for the video game adaptation.
Eager fans can catch the six episode series on December 9, 2022 when it debuts exclusively on Netflix.
Dragon Age: Absolution follows the elven mercenary Miriam, a former Tevinter slave who is forced to fight for her life after a heist gone severely wrong.
Miriam will be voiced by Kimberly D. Brooks, who should be recognizable to fans of BioWare games as she prominently voiced Ashley Williams in the Mass Effect series; other noteworthy roles include Stormy in Winx Club, Barbara Gordon in the Batman: Arkham series, Shinobu Jacobs in the No More Heroes games, Jasper in Steven Universe, and Buena Girl from ¡Mucha Lucha!
Brooks is joined by Matthew Mercer (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Attack on Titan, Critical Role), Ashly Burch (Borderlands 2, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Life is Strange), Sumalee Montano (Ghost of Tsushima, Dragon Age: Inquisition), Phil LaMarr (Justice League, Mad TV, Futurama), Keston John (Avatar: The Way of Water, The Good Place), Josh Keaton (Voltron: Legendary Defender, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater), and Zehra Fazal (Voltron: Legendary Defender, Young Justice: Outsiders).
A description of the characters is available in the list below:
- Kimberly Brooks as MIRIAM – A pragmatic elven mercenary who escaped enslavement in Tevinter, Miriam is closed-off to many who know her. But her heroic nature shines through when she’s forced to confront the nation that destroyed her life, and the man at the heart of her misery.
- Matthew Mercer as FAIRBANKS – A veteran freedom fighter, Fairbanks leads our heroes with a warm-hearted sense of adventure, a pair of daggers, and a dashing smile to boot.
- Ashly Burch as QWYDION – A bubbly Qunari mage with a penchant for explosions, Qwydion is an open-hearted, easily-distracted blabbermouth who can level a building or cure a hangover, depending on the situation.
- Sumalee Montano as HIRA – An idealistic mage, Hira hopes to rekindle her relationship with Miriam while advancing her relentless crusade against Tevinter. But a terrible secret will put both at risk.
- Phil LaMarr as ROLAND – Despite his effortless demeanor, the charming Roland possesses unmatched grit. When disaster looms and all seems lost, Roland is as sure as the blade he wields.
- Keston John as LACKLON – A dwarven Lord of Fortune, Lacklon is a gruff fighter, a born brawler, a complete glory hound, and just enough of a coward to make sure he stays alive.
- Josh Keaton as REZAREN – Born to privilege and plagued by tragedy, Rezaren sees himself as a good man in a wicked world. Intelligent and charismatic, Rezaren is determined to build a better future for everyone in Tevinter, no matter the cost.
- Zehra Fazal as TASSIA – Dutiful and hardworking, Tassia turns a blind eye to everything that doesn’t meet her moral standards. But even she won’t be able to ignore the sins of Tevinter (or Rezaren) forever…
Dragon Age: Absolution is being developed by Korean studio Red Dog Culture House, who are also the mind’s behind The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf and Centuarworld, both also appearing on Netflix. Mae Catt (Transformers: Cyberverse, The Legend of Vox Machina), Tim Sheridan (Transformers: War for Cybertron), and Mairghread Scott (Guardians of the Galaxy) are credited as writing the series, with Scott serving the role as showrunner.
Dragon Age is a media franchise that began with the role-playing video game Dragon Age: Origins, developed by BioWare and released in 2009 for the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Mac OS X.
The latest game, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf had its title officially unveiled in June, and just recently General Manager Gary McKay announced that the game is now fully playable, but still a ways off from release.
What are your thoughts on the cast and trailer? Is the release date closer than you expected? Are you a fan of the series, and if so, what do you hope Absolution includes that’s mentioned in the games and other media? We want to hear your thoughts in the comments below, and on our social media platforms!
The Boss Rush Podcast – Fridays at 7AM ET
The Boss Rush Podcast is the flagship podcast of Boss Rush Media and The Boss Rush Network. Each week, Corey, LeRon, Stephanie, Edward, and their friends from around the internet come together to talk their week in games, entertainment, and more while also bringing topics for conversation, answer listener and community questions, and cover major news and events happening in the video game industry. Watch The Boss Rush Podcast live on Wednesday Nights on Twitch at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT or on Friday mornings at 7AM ET on YouTube and podcast services everywhere. Thanks for listening! You can also get this episode one week early on Patreon.
Anchor | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google | Twitch | Overcast | Pocket Casts
Follow The Boss Rush Podcast on Social Media:
Twitter | Discord | Instagram | Twitch | YouTube | Facebook Group | Facebook
Shows also available on The Boss Rush Podcast feeds:
- One V One: The Creator Interview Series (Also available on its own feed)
- Talk The Walk: The Walking Simulator and Cozy Game Conversation Show
- Boss Rush Podcast Extra
- Boss Rush Panels
Sources: Netflix (via Deadline)
One thought on “Netflix Show Dragon Age: Absolution Gets Release Date, Trailer, and Voice Cast Reveal”