Nintendo announced in a tweet this morning that Super Mario Party for the Switch will get its first update since it was released on 10/5/2018.
You can now play the board games online, they added 70 mini games, and they have 2 v 2 party mode. Unfortunately, new boards aren’t a part of the update.
Here’s a few key points to the online mode:
- There are two ways to play over the internet: Friend Match, where you can play with Friends, and Private Game, where you can play with anyone using passwords.
- The combinations through which you can play over the internet are as follows:
- Up to 1 player per system (you can play with between 2 and 4 players)
- Up to 2 players per system (you can play with between 3 and 4 players)If two players are each playing on their own systems, they cannot play with two players using a third system.
- Playing over the internet supports the Invite Friend feature. If you select Invite Friend on the screen at which you’re waiting for rivals, your selected Friends can join from the Online Play Invites on their user-page icon in the top left of the HOME Menu.
- Online Mariothon does not support the Invite Friend feature.
- When playing over the internet, all 20 characters and all maps are available, regardless of your current in-game progress.
- When playing over the internet, 70 of the total 80 minigames are available to play.
- The following 10 minigames are not available when playing over the internet.
- Strike It Rich
- Time to Shine
- Take a Stab
- All-Star Swingers
- Rhythm and Bruise
- Pep Rally
- Wiped Out
- Fiddler on the Hoof
- Clearing the Table
- Baton and On
- Play data won’t be saved when playing over the internet.
Will this update be enough to get you back in to playing Super Mario Party? Let us know in our comments section or on Discord!